People are spending too much on hair care nowadays. They wanted immediate results, so they turn to artificial products for their hair care. People get smooth and shiny hair instantly, but harsh chemicals used in these products often make our hair brittle and weak.
When combined with other frequent natural hair cleansing and nourishing ingredients i.e., such as Shikakai and neem, the sandal powder becomes even more effective in cleaning the hair thoroughly and adding both shine and volume. So, we can make a homemade natural shampoo that can combine all of these products. It is simple to make, also efficient for promoting hair growth.
- Shikakai Powder – 500 grams
- Neem leaves Powder – 2 cups
- Sandal Powder – 125 grams
- Groundnut flour – 500 grams
- Combine the herbs in a pot. Add two cups of water (stir with a small whisk or fork) and bring to a simmer.
- The ingredients will start to foam, but it would help if you kept an eye on it, let it in simmer, but make sure it doesn’t flame over.
- Then, reduce the fire and keep it for 5 to 15 more minutes.
- When it became concentrated and begins frothing up a little, turn off the flame.
- Let it cool down by covering the pot with a top.
- Once it reaches the average temperature, use your hand to crush the boiled ingredients and pour it in the wet cloth and let it strain into your container.
For best outcomes, do not wet your hair first. Use half of your mixture onto your dry hair, and gently massage your scalp. Massage your hair and rinse it thoroughly, wash it with the second half of your mixture, always concentrating on the scalp. The first wash stirs up skin cells, oil, and dirt, and the second wash cleans them away.
Why it Works:
One of the most frequent uses of neem is our hair care rituals. Neem has high fatty acid content, which is hugely beneficial for scalp health. Neem clears the clogged pores and enhances hair growth.
Sandalwood powder is blended with water into a fine paste, which exerts a cooling effect when applied topically and eases Pitta heat and heals several other conditions. Sandalwood powder is highly valuable in treating hair problems like dandruff and prevents hair fall. Also known as vitamin B7, biotin has been shown to stimulate hair growth and prevent hair loss.