Dry skin, also called xerosis, is skin that lacks moisture in its outer layer. There are many reasons for dry skin like climate, underlying health conditions, or genetics. Having dry skin can cause itchy skin, white patches, etc in severe conditions dry skin can even cause eczema and psoriasis. Keeping the skin moisturized is the key solution for dry skin. All though many moisturizing products are available in the market, not all can be safe and trusted.
Using cheap or bad-quality products can make your skin greasy and further aggravate the problem. One of the easiest ways to get rid of dry skin is to stick to natural home remedies as they are safe and reliable and don’t burn a hole in your pocket.
- Mustard oil – One tablespoon
- Vitamin E oil – One capsule
- Olive oil – One tablespoon
- Take one tablespoon of mustard oil and olive oil.
- Add one capsule of vitamin e oil.
- Mix it well in a bowl.
- Apply this mixture on your face while gently massaging your face with a jade roller or a guasha stone or simply use your hand for a good 10 minutes.
- Leave this on for about 15 minutes by placing a Lukewarm towel over your face. Wipe off with a clean washcloth.
For better results follow this method twice a week.
Why it Works:
With its thick consistency and rich Vitamin E content, Mustard oil acts as a natural cleanser by opening skin pores by stimulating the sweat glands.
Massaging with Mustard oil is known to lighten the pigmentation spots and improve complexion. Vitamin E is most commonly known for its benefits for skin health and appearance.
It can be applied topically to your face to reduce inflammation and make your skin look younger. Olive oil helps block damage and pigmentation from the sun. It also helps in reducing skin redness and wrinkles.