Struggling with acne? And searching for a solution that works? Acne or pimples develops when the hair follicles on the face, chest, or back are clogged with oil and dead skin. Each pore is connected to a sebaceous gland, which produces an oily substance called sebum. Extra sebum can plug up pores, causing the growth of bacteria.
Makeup is a temporary solution as it can only camouflage, not cure your skin problems. Using cheap or bad-quality cosmetic products can make your skin greasy and further aggravate the problem. One of the easiest ways to get rid of pimples is to stick to natural home remedies as they are safe and reliable and don’t burn a hole in your pocket.
- Holi Basil (Tulsi) – Hand Full
- Neem Leaves – Hand Full
- Sandalwood Powder – As required
- Take a hand full or equal amounts of tulsi in a bowl.
- Add neem leaves and grind it in a mixer.
- Transfer this into a bowl.
- Gradually add sandalwood powder to the minute until it forms a paste-like consistency.
- Apply this mask on your face and leave it in for about 15 minutes. Rinse out with lukewarm water and gentle soap.
For better results follow this method thrice a week.
Why it Works:
Basil has immense benefits for our skin. Basil contains essential volatile oils like cinnamate, citronellol, geraniol, linalool, pinene, terpineol, etc., which contribute to its strong antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antidepressive properties, which reduces acne and acne scars.
Sandalwood helps fight against acne-causing bacteria, exfoliates the skin, soothes sunburn, removes suntan, and reduces signs of aging such as dry skin and wrinkles.
The last and powerful ingredient is neem leaves the antibacterial properties of neem help a great deal in keeping a check on breakouts like acne, pimples, and black/whiteheads.