Struggling with dry skin? And searching for a solution that works? Dry skin, also called xerosis, is skin that lacks moisture in its outer layer. There are many reasons for dry skin like climate, underlying health conditions, or genetics. Having dry skin can cause itchy skin, white patches, etc in severe conditions dry skin can even cause eczema and psoriasis. Keeping the skin moisturized is the key solution for dry skin. All though many moisturizing products are available in the market, not all can be safe and trusted.
Using cheap or bad-quality products can make your skin greasy and further aggravate the problem. One of the easiest ways to get rid of dry skin is to stick to natural home remedies as they are safe and reliable and don’t burn a hole in your pocket.
- Olive oil – One Tablespoon
- Take a tablespoon of olive oil in your palms.
- Gently massage your face in a circural motion.
- Concentrate more on the problem area.
- Place a hot towel which is diped in lukewarm water and squeezed on your face to let the pores open and absorb the oil.
- Leave this on your face for about 15 minutes. Rinse out with lukewarm water and gentle soap.
For better results follow this method thrice a week.
Why it Works:
Olive oil is loaded with nutrients and is a natural humectant that attracts moisture to dry skin. Many people love to use olive oil for dry skin because it contains vitamin E, vitamin K and other wonderful ingredients that also offer anti-aging benefits.
Olive oil is also an antioxidant, so it might help prevent or reverse damage from cancer-causing ultraviolet radiation. It has a very high concentration of an ingredient called squalene as compared to the other types of fats and oils that humans normally eat. The squalene is what gives olive oil the extra antioxidant boost.