Are you suffering from paronychia? And desperately want a solution for it? Paronychia describes an infection of the skin around the finger or toenails. Paronychia typically occurs due to bacterial infection, and symptoms can occur quickly over a few days, or it may take weeks to develop fully especially in cases of toenail paronychia.
Paronychia is a treatable condition and occurs at any age. Fortunately, most acute infections don’t require medications to treat the symptoms. Try these home remedies for paronychia, if you don’t experience any relief, call your doctor for diagnosis and treatment.
- Betel Leaf – One Leaf
- Slaked lime (sunambu) – As Required
- Take one betel leaf in a bowl.
- Smash and Grind it.
- Add Slacked Lime(sunambu powder).
- Mix it well until it gets to a paste-like consistency.
- Apply this paste on the affected area and cover it with a saran wrap, leave it overnight. Rinse out with clean water and gentle soap the next morning.
Why it Works:
There are many betel leaf medicinal uses and chewing on these leaves every day for optimal health is a practice that has existed since the founding years of ancient Ayurveda.
Betel leaves have anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties that are great for treating paronychia. Slaked lime has anti-bacterial properties that reduce fungal infection.